Things you'll need:
Filters (The stock paper filters are great. We also like Able's Fine holed metal filter)
Scale (to measure the coffee and water)
Burr Grinder (Uniform grind size is key to a clean and even brew)
Kettle (Gooseneck kettle will allow for the most control)
Fresh roasted Color Coffee
Fresh Filtered or Bottled Spring Water
A Mug or Server
Step by Step:
1. Rinse the paper filter with running water from the faucet. This is critical to getting rid of the papery taste from the filters.
2. Use 13 grams of freshly ground fine filter coffee. A bit finer that you would use for drip coffee.
3. Lock the filter onto the tube and place brewer on mug or server. Put coffee on top of the filter in the tube.
4. Pour 200g of water right off the boil onto the coffee.
5. Give it a stir to incorporate water and coffee.
6. Place the plunger on the Aeropress in order to prevent the water from draining through the filter. This will create a seal.
7. After 60 seconds, take out plunger and stir gently.
8. The place the plunger back in and press down gently with your body weight into a cup or server. This step should take about 20-40 seconds.